1) Abstain from ejaculation for 48 hours prior to collection of semen sample.
2) Collect sample in the clean container provided. DO NOT collect the sample in
a rubber condom or use a lubricant, as this will interfere with the sperm motility.
3) The whole sample of semen should be collected.
4) The lab requisition form must be brought in with the labeled container.
5) Bring the sample to the lab as soon after collection as possible, within 30
minutes is best, although within one hour will be accepted.
6) Keep the sample warm as close as possible to body heat en route to the lab.
This may be best done in cold weather by carrying it in an inside pocket. Chilling
of this specimen will result in reduced sperm motility.
100-830 King Edward St.
9:00 a.m.- 3:00 p.m.
Please phone before bringing the sample to one of the (*) locations to ensure
that a technologist will be available.